|Merged||March 28, 2005|
(now part of Nakadomari)
|• Total||64.62 km2 (24.95 sq mi)|
(March 1, 2005)
|• Density||61.73/km2 (159.9/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|Bird||Common house martin|
Kodomari was located in far northwest corner of Tsugaru Peninsula facing the Sea of Japan and Tsugaru Strait. The area was part of Hirosaki Domain during the Edo period. After the Meiji Restoration, Kodomari Village was created on April 1, 1889.
On March 28, 2005, Kodomari, along with the neighboring town of Nakasato (also from Kitatsugaru District), was merged to create the town of Nakadomari, and thus no longer exists as an independent municipality.
The village economy was dominated by agriculture and forestry.